Rejuvenate Your Skin With the Oxygen Facial
In recent years, oxygen facials have become a popular beauty treatment. Spa technicians, aestheticians, and dermatologists offer them to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, promote collagen production, and improve blood circulation. Learn more about this simple procedure and its benefits, what you can expect, and where to schedule your treatment.
How Does an Oxygen Facial Work?
Societe oxygen treatments work by delivering oxygen directly to the skin cells in your face. This non-medical procedure requires no injection or chemicals. The burst of oxygen increases cell turnover, which boosts the skin cells' ability to produce collagen. Collagen is a protein that serves as a primary building block for skin, muscles, hair, ligaments, and tendons. It keeps your skin from sagging and creates a youthful appearance.
The first step in the procedure is for the aesthetician to clean and exfoliate the skin. They then apply an activation serum to the face, typically something containing hyaluronic acid or nourishing enzymes to help the ingredients penetrate deep into the layers of your skin for more prominent results.
The aesthetician will then apply a thin layer of Societe Oxygenation cream to the skin. They add a few drops of the Societe Catalyse Activator over the top with fingertips and start massaging the skin. After approximately 1-2 minutes, the cream will begin to foam up and a heating sensation will be produced. This will be left on the skin for an additional 3-10 minutes and then removed thoroughly with warm water.
What Are the Benefits of an Oxygen Facial?
Boosted cellular metabolism, increased elastin production, and improved skin ability to combat free radicals are just a few essential benefits of Societe oxygen treatments. Others include:
- Antioxidant power: The treatment stimulates the production of antioxidants, such as superoxide dismutase, to help your skin neutralise harmful free radicals and prevent cellular damage.
- Increased ability to absorb product: High concentrations of oxygen to the skin's surface open the pores and improve permeability. As a result, skincare products, such as creams and serums, are more effective.
- Fast and apparent results: You will notice results immediately following treatment. Clients typically report noticeable improvements in their skin right away, with little or no discomfort or irritation.
- Available for every skin type: The oxygen facial works for any skin type, including sensitive, dry, oily, or combination, and is safe and effective.
Spas and aestheticians generally report that their clients overwhelmingly express satisfaction with the procedure and return for more. Celebrities commonly endorse it, raving about these benefits and the procedure's antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.Antibacterial Properties
The purest form of oxygen creates a nearly uninhabitable environment for the bacteria responsible for acne and inflammation. Many frequent spa-goers use Societe oxygen treatments to prevent breakouts, and it works well for people with persistent acne. The result is a clearer, younger complexion.Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Inflammation causes a long list of issues for facial skin, especially for people with the sensitive type. Common ways that inflammation can manifest include:
- Acne breakouts: People already prone to breakouts experience them more often with skin inflammation.
- Rosacea: This is a common skin condition that creates visible blood vessels on the skin's surface and appears like blushing or flushing.
- Hyperpigmentation: This term refers to several skin conditions that cause dark spots on the face when the body produces too much melanin.
- Dryness: Dry skin is a natural condition for many people and can cause painful irritation, but it is reversible with treatment for inflammation.
- Eczema: A condition that causes dry, itchy skin rashes that can lead to blisters or skin infections in extreme cases.
An oxygen facial treatment has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help calm irritated skin or prevent irritation. Reducing inflammation supports the natural healing abilities found in all skin cells and encourages the draining of the lymphatic system, which can reduce fluid retention that causes puffiness.
What Can You Expect From the Recovery Period?
The recovery period is mostly nonexistent for this procedure. Your skin will feel more hydrated, and you will likely see a reduction in blemishes, fine lines, and wrinkles. Overall, you can anticipate no downtime.